I seem to always cram too many things into every Byway adventure. I just want to see and do everything. It is a hard thing to temper. My honeymoon? Five countries in 14 days. This week's East Coast vacation? More than six distinct places and pieces to it - all in seven days!
Since last Friday we've been to:
- Washington, DC (Solar Decathlon - running thru Sunday by the way - and University of Maryland team won the competition...if you go, you must check out the Appalachian State house - 3rd place and our favorite);
- the famous Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house in western PA;
- site seeing and visiting friends in Pittsburgh;
- the Flight 93 Memorial (its just off of Route 30 between Pittsburgh and my home town in central PA - and its intense);
- Chambersburg, PA (my hometown) to visit family and friends;
- Gettysburg (for a quick tour of the battlefields and some history lessons);
- and now Maplewood, NJ/NYC to visit friends, visit some art museums (definitely the Guggenheim, and maybe MoMA), and see a Broadway play (The Mountaintop with Samuel L. Jackson and Angela Bassett).
Back to DC on Sunday and then home. Wow what a week! I've been so busy and on the move with little time to blog, but there will be more posts to come soon with some details, travel tips, and photos for these Byway adventures. I've got some photos that are too good and must be shared.
Happy weekend...its almost here! I am now headed to the city with my some of my favorite people for the Guggenheim, some cocktails and dinner at a swanky place, and a Broadway show. The Byway is beautiful. xo
Post a Comment